Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hippo Creek African Grill, Perth, W.A.

Visiting friends in Perth recently, we ate at Hippo Creek African Grill at Hillarys Boat Harbour.

Char-grilled Haloumi cheese layered with sundried tomatoes, roast capsicum and rokette dressed with peri peri ($13). Mmm, squeaky cheese! I loved how generous they were with the cheese, but wasn't so keen on how much dressing was on the rocket.

hippo1


Grilled prawns. I ordered these as a side dish, and they were nicely smoky in flavour.

hippo2

Stir-fried beef - unfortunately the online menu isn't up to date and I have forgotten the full name of this dish. I tried some of the beef which was beautifully tender, and it was a very generous serving.

hippo3

Meat on a stick! This was one of the steak options, and I love how it was served. The juices dripped down onto the chips - yum.

hippo4


Hippo Creek African Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment