Monday, November 16, 2009

The post in which I introduce this blog

What do you write in the very first post on a new blog? I'll try to keep it short and sweet!

I love reading food blogs (actually, lots of different blogs but food blogs especially), and decided to create one of my own to document the food I eat and cook. Hobart has several fantastic food blogs, but I think there's always room for more to be posted about the Hobart (and Tasmanian) dining scene.

I've also set myself a cooking challenge in 2010 - see here for the challenge posts.

I'm by no means a professional cook and haven't had any training. I've got lots to learn and I have fun experimenting with new cooking techniques and flavour combinations, and I get a buzz out of cooking for other people. And of course, I love eating out and do so as much as I can. I don't 'review' restaurants here as I don't really have the experience or knowledge to do so properly, and I'm not much of a writer, but I do like share photos of the delicious (and not so delicious!) food I encounter.

Welcome, enjoy the view :)

No comments:

Post a Comment