Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sealife Center, Bicheno

I've been going to Bicheno since I was a child, and I love the town. It's just the right size with everything you need.

It used to have the best fish and chips I have ever had, at the caravan park takeaway store, but they changed from thick cut chips to thinner ones the summer before last. They're still great chips, but just not quite as good.

We stopped at the Sealife Center for lunch on Monday.

Rhu Bru ($4.50). I love this drink and order it wherever I manage to find it (which isn't as often as I'd like!)

sealife1

Seafood chowder, garnished with smoked salmon ($14.50). A nice soup, with salmon, dill, potatoes and leek in the mix. The roll was nothing special but I appreciated that it had been warmed. I would have liked some butter, though.

sealife2

Garlic prawns ($24.50). These looked and smelled great!

sealife3

Rock lobster ($80/kg, this one was $48) to takeaway. A nice looking cray. They are sold raw or cooked, and they offered to cut and clean it for us.

sealife4

Spread with garlic butter before being warmed on the barbecue. Luxury camping food!

sealife5

1 comment: